Find out all about addiction and how to get rid of it by being instructed by the professional via this online Addiction Therapy and Psychology Course course with us.
Become an expert counselor, and help out those who are in need of professional support to get rid of their life ruining addiction. Figure out the best way to provide help and support to both the vulnerable people and their family members. Within a very short space of time, the program allows you to be familiarized with the essential elements of the psychology that works behind any addiction. The Learners get also to know various therapies that can help the patients through the Rehabilitation Program.
- Get to know the theories of addiction
- Learn the effective treatment of addiction
- Explore the social impact and role in regards to this disastrous crux
- Find out what the families can do to help out the addicted people
- Equip yourself by discovering ways to work with the addicted as a professional helper or counselor
Benefits of studying the Addiction Therapy and Psychology Course course with Victoria Education include
- Easy-to-understand course materials designed by industry experts, accessible through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet device
- No hidden fees or costs — study a comprehensive course and earn a professional e-certificate upon successful completion
- Get instant feedback from automated assessments and mock exams to gauge your progress
- No formal deadlines or teaching schedule, meaning you can learn at your own pace
- 24/7 help and support from your online tutors, through email and via our live online chat
- Qualify for an NUS Extra card and gain access to over 200 fantastic deals from high street brands and one free year of ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts
How is this qualification is delivered?
Our courses are taught entirely online, meaning you can access the materials wherever, whenever, at a pace that suits you, without formal deadlines or teaching schedules.
The courses are delivered through
- Video lessons
- PDF handouts
- Mock exams
- Online assessment
These can be accessed through any device with an internet connection. Our e-learning platform is optimised for use on mobile, tablet, laptops and desktop computers.
The assessment at the end of each course is a multiple-choice exam taken through our online platform. The system is fully automated so you will receive your results instantly upon completion.
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification. You can order a PDF Certificate for £12.
Who is this course for?
Our Addiction Therapy and Psychology Course course is aimed at anyone wishing to start working in such roles, or existing professionals wishing to boost their skills and employability.
Our courses are open to learners of all levels with no formal experience or qualifications required to enrol. However, learners should be aged 16 or over and have a good understanding of English language, numeracy and IT.
|Introduction: About instructor & the course||00:02:00|
|Theories of Addiction|
|The Moral Model||00:06:00|
|The Psychological Model||00:07:00|
|The Medical / Disease Model||00:09:00|
|The Socio-Cultural Model||00:05:00|
|The Minnesota Model||00:04:00|
|Counselling and Therapy||00:07:00|
|Harm Reduction Model||00:05:00|
|Treatments in Practice||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Society|
|Drug policies, Legislation and Decriminalisation||00:09:00|
|Community change, Outreach, Harm Reduction or Abstinence||00:06:00|
|Alcohol and Drug education||00:06:00|
|Alcohol- and drug related issues in the workplace||00:05:00|
|Addiction in Families|
|Codependency, Children of alcoholic families, parenting styles, family factors||00:08:00|
|Relapse for families, ‘letting go’, dependent attitudes and dependent behaviours||00:05:00|
|The Intervention Approach||00:05:00|
|Working with Addiction|
|Why be a ‘helper’||00:03:00|
|‘Helper’ qualities and attitudes||00:04:00|
|Counselling / ‘helping’ skills||00:04:00|
No Reviews found for this course.