Become a qualified food hygiene specialist will knowledge of safe practice for preparation, handling and cooking of ingredients in catering with this professional online course. Utilising a range of distance learning techniques including video lessons, PDF handouts and automated assessments, you will gain a robust understanding of the responsibilities of a food and hygiene specialist, ready to take on a variety of roles in the catering and food industries.
Obtain specialist knowledge of food hygiene and safety in your own time, with course materials and assessments accessible via your laptop, desktop, tablet device or even phone. You will learn about the legal requirements regarding the safe preparation and serving of food in the service industry, the multiple levels of hazards and their preventive measures, temperature control and handling basics, and much more. With materials designed by industry professionals you’re guaranteed to receive the most up-to-date and relevant knowledge.
Benefits of studying the Food Safety in Catering Level 2 with Victoria Education include
- Easy-to-understand course materials designed by industry experts, accessible through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet device
- No hidden fees or costs — study a quality course and earn a CPD-certified and IAO-accredited e-certificate upon successful completion
- Get instant feedback from automated assessments and mock exams to gauge your progress
- No formal deadlines or teaching schedule, meaning you can learn at your own pace
- 24/7 help and support from your online tutors, through email and via our live online chat
- Qualify for an NUS Extra card and gain access to over 200 fantastic deals from high street brands and one free year of ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts
How is this qualification is delivered?
Our courses are taught entirely online, meaning you can access the materials wherever, whenever, at a pace that suits you, without formal deadlines or teaching schedules.
The courses are delivered through
- Video lessons
- PDF handouts
- Mock exams
- Online assessment
These can be accessed through any device with an internet connection. Our e-learning platform is optimised for use on mobile, tablet, laptops and desktop computers.
The Food Safety in Catering Level 2 consists of nine mandatory units
- Food Safety Act and Legislation
- Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Microbiological Hazards
- Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards
- Operational Standards
- Food Preparation and Temperature Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules
- Further Information
The assessment at the end of each course is a multiple-choice exam taken through our online platform. The system is fully automated so you will receive your results instantly upon completion.
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification. You can order a PDF Certificate for £12.
Who is this course for?
The Food Safety in Catering Level 2 is aimed at anyone wishing to start working in such roles, or existing professionals wishing to boost their skills and employability.
Our courses are open to learners of all levels with no formal experience or qualifications required to enrol. However, learners should be aged 16 or over and have a good understanding of English language, numeracy and IT.
Studying this would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles such as
- Hospitality managers
- Hotel and restaurant service staff
- Professional hygiene and safety officer
|Complying with the Food Safety Act||00:30:00|
|Principles of HACCP||00:30:00|
|Understanding food poisoning||00:30:00|
|Food contamination and allergenic hazards||00:30:00|
|Maintaining food safety standards||00:30:00|
|Temperature control, reheating, cooling and holding||00:30:00|
|The importance of good personal hygiene||00:30:00|
|Establishing a cleaning rota||00:30:00|
|Recommended Reading: Food Safety in Catering Level 2||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam-Food Safety in Catering Level 2||00:20:00|
|Final Exam-Food Safety in Catering Level 2||00:20:00|