Become a qualified pharmacy technician with the key skills necessary to work on the frontline of healthcare, from customer service techniques to managing stock and day-to-day business. You will also learn the knowledge needed to dispense medicines and pharmaceutical products with confidence alongside transferable leadership and business administration skills.
This course is ideal for anyone interested in a career as a pharmacy assistant or technician, or broader roles in medicine and healthcare. You will gain an in-depth understanding of key pharmacy technician skills including stock maintenance, serving customers, and checking prescribed medicines. Our video lectures and PDF handouts are designed and delivered by industry experts, meaning the techniques and knowledge you learn are immediately applicable to a professional context.
Benefits of studying the Pharmacy Technician Diploma Level 3 with Victoria Education include
- Easy-to-understand course materials designed by industry experts, accessible through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet device
- No hidden fees or costs — study a professional course and earn a professional e-certificate upon successful completion
- Get instant feedback from automated assessments and mock exams to gauge your progress
- No formal deadlines or teaching schedule, meaning you can learn at your own pace
- 24/7 help and support from your online tutors, through email and via our live online chat
- Qualify for an NUS Extra card and gain access to over 200 fantastic deals from high street brands and one free year of ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts
How is this qualification is delivered?
Our courses are taught entirely online, meaning you can access the materials wherever, whenever, at a pace that suits you, without formal deadlines or teaching schedules.
The courses are delivered through
- Video lessons
- PDF handouts
- Mock exams
- Online assessment
These can be accessed through any device with an internet connection. Our e-learning platform is optimised for use on mobile, tablet, laptops and desktop computers.
The Pharmacy Technician Diploma Level 3 consists of two mandatory modules, covering
- Pharmacy and healthcare basics
- The role of the pharmacy technician
- Key terminology of the pharmaceutical industry
- Drug regulation, control and legislation
- Checking and fulfilling prescriptions
- Medicine routes and formulations
- And more…
The assessment at the end of each course is a multiple-choice exam taken through our online platform. The system is fully automated so you will receive your results instantly upon completion.
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification. You can order a PDF Certificate for £12.
Who is this course for?
Our Pharmacy Technician Diploma Level 3 is aimed at anyone wishing to start working in such roles, or existing professionals wishing to boost their skills and employability.
Our courses are open to learners of all levels with no formal experience or qualifications required to enrol. However, learners should be aged 16 or over and have a good understanding of English language, numeracy and IT.
Studying this would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles including
- Pharmacy assistant
- Pharmacy technician
- Hospital clerk
- Other medicine and healthcare roles
|The Pharmacy Technician Role within the UK|
|Essentials Pharmacy Technician||00:30:00|
|What do they do in the UK?||00:30:00|
|Potential salary and future prospects||00:30:00|
|Where can a Pharmacy Technician go in their career?||00:15:00|
|The Pharmacy Technician Role|
|Ensuring Wellness, Health and pharmacy||00:30:00|
|The role itself||00:30:00|
|The Law surrounding medicine||00:30:00|
|What’s in a prescription?||00:30:00|
|Mock Exam-Pharmacy Technician Diploma Level 3||00:20:00|
|Final Exam-Pharmacy Technician Diploma Level 3||00:20:00|