Develop a vital business administration skill and provide demonstrable value to your workplace with this online minute taking training course. You will learn how to effectively take minutes in a variety of different meetings and other contexts, using different techniques and strategies. You will also gain core competencies in transferable office administration and secretarial skills.
Learn to become an efficient minute taker using a range of techniques for recording meetings and enhance your employability in PA, secretarial, office administration, stenotype operator or journalist roles. This online distance learning course allows you to gain new expertise in your spare time, accessing the video lessons, handouts and assessments through our innovative e-learning platform, at a pace that suits you.
Benefits of studying the Minute Taking Executive Training with Victoria Education include
- Easy-to-understand course materials designed by industry experts, accessible through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet device
- No hidden fees or costs — study a comprehensive course and earn a professional e-certificate upon successful completion
- Get instant feedback from automated assessments and mock exams to gauge your progress
- No formal deadlines or teaching schedule, meaning you can learn at your own pace
- 24/7 help and support from your online tutors, through email and via our live online chat
- Qualify for an NUS Extra card and gain access to over 200 fantastic deals from high street brands and one free year of ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts
How is this qualification is delivered?
Our courses are taught entirely online, meaning you can access the materials wherever, whenever, at a pace that suits you, without formal deadlines or teaching schedules.
The courses are delivered through
- Video lessons
- PDF handouts
- Mock exams
- Online assessment
These can be accessed through any device with an internet connection. Our e-learning platform is optimised for use on mobile, tablet, laptops and desktop computers.
The Minute Taking Executive Training course consists of two mandatory modules, covering
- Methods of recording minutes
- What to include and what to ignore
- Techniques for preparing minutes
- Taking minutes in an interactive meeting
- Meeting agreements
- And more…
The assessment at the end of each course is a multiple-choice exam taken through our online platform. The system is fully automated so you will receive your results instantly upon completion.
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification. You can order a PDF Certificate for £12.
Who is this course for?
Our Minute Taking Executive Training course is aimed at anyone wishing to start working in such roles, or existing professionals wishing to boost their skills and employability.
Our courses are open to learners of all levels with no formal experience or qualifications required to enrol. However, learners should be aged 16 or over and have a good understanding of English language, numeracy and IT.
Studying this would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles including
- Business administration
- Office administration
- HR management
- Personal assistant (PA)
- Officer manager
- Team leader
- Other professional roles in IT or accounting and finance
|Essentials of Minute Taking|
|Introduction to minute taking||01:00:00|
|What to include/what to ignore||00:30:00|
|The difference between motions and resolutions||00:15:00|
|How to record minutes||00:30:00|
|The purpose of a meeting||00:30:00|
|Identifying a decision||00:15:00|
|Minute taking skills||00:30:00|
|Using OneNote 2007 for Minute Taking|
|The Role of a Minute-Taker||00:30:00|
|The Skills of a Minute-Taker||00:15:00|
|What Do I Record||00:30:00|
|Techniques for Preparing Minutes||00:30:00|
|Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting||00:30:00|
|The Minute Book||00:15:00|
|Mock Exam – Minute Taking Executive Training||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Minute Taking Executive Training||00:20:00|