Teaching English as a foreign language is a great opportunity to travel the world, meet new people, and gain vital educational experience. Prepare for a TEFL placement or to begin applying for foreign teaching positions abroad with this CPD and IAO-accredited professional qualification, with online exercises and examples to help you become an effective, inspiring English language teacher.
This affordable, accessible and flexible distance learning course will introduce you to the practice of teaching English as a foreign language in non-native English speaking countries, teaching you skills and expertise which are always in demand from schools, colleges and other educational institutions the world over. You do not need any existing qualifications, just a passion for teaching and a good understanding of the language. Through video lessons, PDF handouts and mock exams, you will gain the techniques and confidence to succeed as a TEFL instructor.
Benefits of studying the Teaching English as Foreign Language course with Victoria Education include
- Easy-to-understand course materials designed by industry experts, accessible through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet device
- No hidden fees or costs — study a comprehensive course and earn a CPD and IAO-accredited e-certificate upon successful completion
- Get instant feedback from automated assessments and mock exams to gauge your progress
- No formal deadlines or teaching schedule, meaning you can learn at your own pace
- 24/7 help and support from your online tutors, through email and via our live online chat
- Qualify for an NUS Extra card and gain access to over 200 fantastic deals from high street brands and one free year of ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts
How is this qualification is delivered?
Our courses are taught entirely online, meaning you can access the materials wherever, whenever, at a pace that suits you, without formal deadlines or teaching schedules.
The courses are delivered through
- Video lessons
- PDF handouts
- Mock exams
- Online assessment
These can be accessed through any device with an internet connection. Our e-learning platform is optimised for use on mobile, tablet, laptops and desktop computers.
The Teaching English as Foreign Language course consists of eight mandatory units
- Teaching in Different Situations: Needs and Constraints
- Working With a Variety of Approaches
- Teaching Speaking
- Teaching Listening
- Teaching Reading
- Teaching Writing
- Teaching Grammar
- Lesson Planning and Testing
The assessment at the end of each course is a multiple-choice exam taken through our online platform. The system is fully automated so you will receive your results instantly upon completion.
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification. You can order a PDF Certificate for £12.
Who is this course for?
The Teaching English as Foreign Language course is aimed at anyone wishing to start working in such roles, or existing professionals wishing to boost their skills and employability.
Our courses are open to learners of all levels with no formal experience or qualifications required to enrol. However, learners should be aged 16 or over and have a good understanding of English language, numeracy and IT.
Studying this course would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles such as
- English Teacher
- IELTS instructor
- Educational Institution
- British Council Examiners
|Adapting to Different Teaching Environments||01:00:00|
|Developing Your Teaching Approach||01:00:00|
|Effective Lesson Planning||01:00:00|
|Recommended Reading : Teaching English as Foreign Language (TEFL)||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam- Teaching English as Foreign Language (TEFL)||00:20:00|
|Final Exam- Teaching English as Foreign Language (TEFL)||00:20:00|