Gain knowledge of food hygiene and safety regulation standards, HACCP and the physical, chemical and biological hazards faced in the food industry with this comprehensive, professional online course. You will begin with a foundational education in the basics of food hygiene before learning how to apply this understanding to a range of professional contexts including restaurants and catering firms.
Any business which involves food preparation and handling must adhere to legislation and regulation with regards to safety and hygiene. Make sure your workplace or employer is compliant by completing the Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety course, which covers everything from cross-contamination and temperature control to cleaning and disinfection. You will also learn how to maintain a clean, healthy kitchen, with lessons delivered through videos, PDFs and online assessments.
Benefits of studying the Food Hygiene and Safety Training course with Victoria Education include
- Easy-to-understand course materials designed by industry experts, accessible through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet device
- No hidden fees or costs — study a comprehensive course and earn a professional e-certificate upon successful completion
- Get instant feedback from automated assessments and mock exams to gauge your progress
- No formal deadlines or teaching schedule, meaning you can learn at your own pace
- 24/7 help and support from your online tutors, through email and via our live online chat
- Qualify for an NUS Extra card and gain access to over 200 fantastic deals from high street brands and one free year of ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts
How is this qualification is delivered?
Our courses are taught entirely online, meaning you can access the materials wherever, whenever, at a pace that suits you, without formal deadlines or teaching schedules.
The courses are delivered through
- Video lessons
- PDF handouts
- Mock exams
- Online assessment
These can be accessed through any device with an internet connection. Our e-learning platform is optimised for use on mobile, tablet, laptops and desktop computers.
The Food Hygiene and Safety Training course consists of three mandatory modules
- Introduction to Food Hygiene
- The Hazards
- Food Safety Controls
The assessment at the end of each course is a multiple-choice exam taken through our online platform. The system is fully automated so you will receive your results instantly upon completion.
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification. You can order a PDF Certificate for £12.
Who is this course for?
The Food Hygiene and Safety Training course is aimed at anyone wishing to start working in such roles, or existing professionals wishing to boost their skills and employability.
Our courses are open to learners of all levels with no formal experience or qualifications required to enrol. However, learners should be aged 16 or over and have a good understanding of English language, numeracy and IT.
Studying this course would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles such as
- Hospitality managers
- Hotel and restaurant service staff
- Professional hygiene and safety officer
|Essentials of Food Hygiene|
|Awareness of Hazards|
|Food hygiene hazards||01:00:00|
|Maintaining Food Safety|
|Introduction to food safety||00:30:00|
|Maintaining personal hygiene||01:00:00|
|The importance of temperature control||01:00:00|
|Avoiding cross contamination||00:30:00|
|Recommended reading: Food Safety Basics||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam – Food Hygiene and Safety Training||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Food Hygiene and Safety Training||00:20:00|