Proofreaders and copyeditors are the unsung heroes of the publishing, marketing and business worlds. They have the expertise and keen eye needed to catch spelling errors, lapses in style and inaccuracies in articles, blogs, press releases and marketing materials, the communication skills necessary to work within a team, and the writing expertise to suggest edits. Gain all these skills and more with this engaging, flexible online course of study.
Utilising our innovative e-learning platform, you can access the materials of the Proofreading and Copyediting course through any internet-enabled device, wherever you are in the world. Through video tutorials, practical exercises, exams and handouts, you will learn about strategies for checking for specific errors, fact checking, the difference between copyediting and proofreading, and earn a CPD and IAO-accredited qualification preparing you for professional roles in publishing, writing, journalism, teaching and marketing careers.
Benefits of studying the Level 2 Certificate in Proofreading & Copy Editing with Victoria Education include
- Easy-to-understand course materials designed by industry experts, accessible through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet device
- No hidden fees or costs — study a comprehensive course and earn a CPD-certified e-certificate upon successful completion
- Get instant feedback from automated assessments and mock exams to gauge your progress
- No formal deadlines or teaching schedule, meaning you can learn at your own pace
- 24/7 help and support from your online tutors, through email and via our live online chat
- Qualify for an NUS Extra card and gain access to over 200 fantastic deals from high street brands and one free year of ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts
How is this qualification is delivered?
Our courses are taught entirely online, meaning you can access the materials wherever, whenever, at a pace that suits you, without formal deadlines or teaching schedules.
The courses are delivered through
- Video lessons
- PDF handouts
- Mock exams
- Online assessment
These can be accessed through any device with an internet connection. Our e-learning platform is optimised for use on mobile, tablet, laptops and desktop computers.
The Level 2 Certificate in Proofreading & Copy Editing consists of thirteen mandatory units
- Introduction to Proofreading
- What Does a Proofreader do?
- Difference Between Copyediting and Proofreading
- Proofreading Symbols
- Proofreading on Paper and Screen
- Strategies to Check for Specific Errors
- Editing and Proofreading Strategies
- Proofreading an Essay
- Basic Copyediting
- Simple Rules for Copyediting
- Fact Checking As Copyeditor
The assessment at the end of each course is a multiple-choice exam taken through our online platform. The system is fully automated so you will receive your results instantly upon completion.
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification. You can order a PDF Certificate for £12.
Who is this course for?
The Level 2 Certificate in Proofreading & Copy Editing is aimed at anyone wishing to start working in such roles, or existing professionals wishing to boost their skills and employability.
Our courses are open to learners of all levels with no formal experience or qualifications required to enrol. However, learners should be aged 16 or over and have a good understanding of English language, numeracy and IT.
Studying this course would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles such as
- Newspaper editor
- Proofreading business
- English teacher
|Proofreading and Copy Editing course|
|The difference between proofing and editing||00:15:00|
|Key proofreading skills||00:15:00|
|Identifying proofreading symbols||00:15:00|
|Proofing for print and online||00:15:00|
|Common errors to look out for||00:15:00|
|Effective proofreading techniques||00:15:00|
|Being a copyeditor||00:15:00|
|Core copyediting skills||00:15:00|
|Things to look out for||00:15:00|
|Fact-checking at a glance||00:15:00|
|Mock Exam – Level 2 Certificate in Proofreading & Copy Editing||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Level 2 Certificate in Proofreading & Copy Editing||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.