Develop your skills to become a professional beautician, manicurist, pedicurist, or nail technician with this easy-to-understand, accessible online course. You are introduced to the skills and techniques necessary to work in a range of beauty salon and therapeutic contexts, as well as how to set up your own business. Upon successful completion of the course you will earn a CPD-certified professional qualification as proof of your expertise.
Through online video tutorials, practical exercises, mock exams and a final assessment, you will gain a complete understanding of nail anatomy, the manicuring and pedicure processes including scrub, hydration and aromatherapy pedicure, and the application of acrylic products on nails. You also learn the details of setting up your own salon by researching business plans, clients and much more.
Benefits of studying the Nail Technician Online Diploma with Victoria Education include:
- Easy-to-understand course materials designed by industry experts, accessible through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet device
- No hidden fees or costs — study a comprehensive course and earn a professional e-certificate upon successful completion
- Get instant feedback from automated assessments and mock exams to gauge your progress
- No formal deadlines or teaching schedule, meaning you can learn at your own pace
- 24/7 help and support from your online tutors, through email and via our live online chat
- Qualify for an NUS Extra card and gain access to over 200 fantastic deals from high street brands and one free year of ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts
How is this qualification is delivered?
Our courses are taught entirely online, meaning you can access the materials wherever, whenever, at a pace that suits you, without formal deadlines or teaching schedules.
The courses are delivered through
- Video lessons
- PDF handouts
- Mock exams
- Online assessment
These can be accessed through any device with an internet connection. Our e-learning platform is optimised for use on mobile, tablet, laptops and desktop computers.
The Nail Technician Online Diploma consists of 19 mandatory units which cover
- The nail salon basics
- Process of providing a pedicure
- Acrylic nail and tip application process
- Marketing your business and building a client base
- Nail salon professionalism
- Health, hygiene and safety
- And more…
The assessment at the end of the course is a multiple-choice exam taken through our online platform. The system is fully automated so you will receive your results instantly upon completion.
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification. You can order a PDF Certificate for £12.
Who is this course for?
The Nail Technician Online Diploma is aimed at anyone wishing to enhance their skills and understanding of massage, acupressure and aromatherapy, or existing professionals wishing to boost their skills and employability.
Our courses are open to learners of all levels with no formal experience or qualifications required to enrol. However, learners should be aged 16 or over and have a good understanding of English language, numeracy and IT.
Studying these courses would benefit a range of health and beauty careers, but would specifically boost employability as a
- Nail Technician
- Beauty Salon Employee
- Salon Business Owner
|Introduction to the nail salon
|The science of nails
|The pedicure process
|Performing a scrub pedicure
|Hydration pedicure treatments
|Using essential oils in pedicure
|Applying gel nails
|Acrylic nail routines
|Overview of acrylic nail powders
|Essential nail care
|Common nail and cuticle care products
|Repairing an acrylic nail
|Becoming a self-employed nail technician
|Building a client base
|Promoting your nail salon
|Maintaing a professional workplace
|Cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset
|Occupational health and safety for nail technicians
|Mock Exam – Nail Technician Online Diploma
|Final Exam – Nail Technician Online Diploma